During SUR/FIN 2018 in Cleveland, Ohio NASF will again recognize strong leaders who have selflessly dedicated their time and resources to the Surface Finishing Industry. These volunteers work to further the association on both the local and national stages so the next generation of professionals have even greater support and opportunities. This recognition of key leaders who have gone above and beyond, demonstrate what is unique and admired about our association and I hope you will join us at the NASF Annual Meeting held during SUR/FIN to thank those for their efforts.
NASF will recognize a number of well deserving individuals to receive the following awards:
Award of Merit
Outstanding service of a local and/or national nature – Recipients truly deserving of this award have given a great deal of time, effort and devotion to the industry on either a local or national level.
One of NASF’s most prestigious awards given to an individual who has performed outstanding service to the finishing industry. Past award winners have been among the most dedicated individuals to improving our industry.
August P. Munning Award
Given to a supplier member who, in the opinion of his peers, has significantly contributed to the future well-being of the Association and exemplifies the traits of August P. Munning—his great interest, hard work, dedication and selfless devotion to the metal finishing industry.
Scientific Achievement Award
Recognizes a person who has contributed to the advancement of the theory and practice of electroplating, metal finishing and the allied arts; raised the quality of processes and products; enhanced the dignity and status of the profession; or has been involved in a combination of these efforts. The first recipient of this award was Dr. William Blum, Sr., who was instrumental in the establishment of fundamental research in the Society.
Focuses on the extraordinary service put forth by an NASF member who is actively participating on the national level, going above and beyond the capacity of most.
NASF will be accepting nominations for these awards until March 30th and will be approved by the NASF Awards Committee.
Submit Your Nomination Today!
Posted in Events, NASF National
Many times, “benefits” or advantages of membership can be broken into two groups – Personal and Industry. What do I get and what does the industry get for being a member of NASF? Below are just some of the many advantages of being a member of NASF.
- Access to credible, up-to-date regulatory information
- Access to world-class industry training provided by the NASF/AESF Foundation
- Networking opportunities during top-notch professional events: SUR/FIN, Leadership Conference, and Washington Forum
- Opportunity to gain leadership experience in the industry: local and national NASF boards
- Discounted member rates for industry training and events
- Complimentary access to technical articles located at STERC.org
- Complimentary membership with the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG)
- Contribute to industry standards and guidelines to support quality
- Influence legislation and regulation on local, state, and national level
- Promote greater public awareness for the industry in your communities
- Participate and gain access to industry surveys
- Ability to support student education and encourage entry in the field
- Sponsorship opportunities across many industry programs
Posted in NASF Membership Benefits