The Web-Based Chromium Plating for Engineering Applications is beneficial for operators and supervisors of job shop and captive shops performing hard chromium plating operations on a variety of substrates. This course is also beneficial to sales personnel who work for suppliers of hard chromium and equipment.
The goal of this course is for students to have a basic understanding of chemical and electrical principles as they relate to hard chromium plating and be able to apply Faraday’s law in calculating the time required to obtain a target thickness of chromium plate. At the conclusion of the course students will know the basics of the chromium plating process, including equipment, operational conditions and the role of impurities.
Course Dates: Tuesdays & Wednesdays noon – 2pm Eastern
May 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 24, 25
Registration Deadline: April 20, 2021
Course – $1150 | Optional Exam – $250
Discounted NASF Member Rate – $875 | Optional Exam – $150 ($375 savings!)
Chapters Covered in Course:
1. Chemistry for Hard Chromium Platers
2. Electricity for Hard Chromium Platers
3. Electrochemistry for Hard Chromium Platers
4. Equipment for Hard Chromium Plating
5. Masking Techniques
6. Mechanical Surface Preparation
7. Chemical Surface Preparation
8. Basic Chromium Plating Principles
9. Analysis & Control of Chromium Plating Solutions
10. Troubleshooting & Purification of Chromium Plating Solutions
Click HERE to learn more and register for the Chromium Plating for Engineering Applications course.
Questions regarding this NASF/AESF Foundation course and other course offerings can be directed to email@example.com
Posted in Education
The NASF/AESF Foundation is proud to announce its 2021 industry training schedule is available online for download here. Visit NASF.org/education today to download your copy of the training catalog, view detailed course descriptions and pricing, and register for upcoming courses.
NASF/AESF Foundation offers four separate training platforms which cater to all types of learners: Web-Based, Home Study, In-Person, and Custom. Each platform offers advantages to students as they work towards the Certified Electro-Finisher (CEF), Certified Aerospace Finisher (CAF), and Master Surface Finisher (MSF) designations.
- Begin Home Study anytime and complete at your own pace
- Hard-copy course materials are mailed directly to your home or work
- AESF Technical Director reviews chapter quizzes and provides feedback
- Proctored exams can be taken at your location
- Courses presented in a series of online sessions
- Live, online instruction taught by NASF/AESF Foundation instructors and other industry experts
- Live sessions take place on pre-determined Tuesday & Wednesdays between 12:00pm and 2PM eastern
- Session recordings are available to students for 30-days after the original posting date if students wish to review or miss live sessions
- Live interaction with instructor in a classroom setting
- Instruction takes place over 2-4 days (add 1 day for optional exam)
- Taught in select locations throughout the U.S.
- The most flexible of training platforms to meet larger training needs of companies
- Mix and match from 110 available course modules
- No travel required; one of our certified instructors will come to you
For additional information on NASF/AESF Foundation courses please contact, Education Manager, Josh Huff.
Posted in Education