The Web-Based Chromium Plating for Engineering Applications is beneficial for operators and supervisors of job shop and captive shops performing hard chromium plating operations on a variety of substrates. This course is also beneficial to sales personnel who work for suppliers of hard chromium and equipment.
The goal of this course is for students to have a basic understanding of chemical and electrical principles as they relate to hard chromium plating and be able to apply Faraday’s law in calculating the time required to obtain a target thickness of chromium plate. At the conclusion of the course students will know the basics of the chromium plating process, including equipment, operational conditions and the role of impurities.
Course Dates: Tuesdays & Wednesdays noon – 2pm Eastern
May 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 24, 25
Registration Deadline: April 20, 2021
Course – $1150 | Optional Exam – $250
Discounted NASF Member Rate – $875 | Optional Exam – $150 ($375 savings!)
Chapters Covered in Course:
1. Chemistry for Hard Chromium Platers
2. Electricity for Hard Chromium Platers
3. Electrochemistry for Hard Chromium Platers
4. Equipment for Hard Chromium Plating
5. Masking Techniques
6. Mechanical Surface Preparation
7. Chemical Surface Preparation
8. Basic Chromium Plating Principles
9. Analysis & Control of Chromium Plating Solutions
10. Troubleshooting & Purification of Chromium Plating Solutions
Click HERE to learn more and register for the Chromium Plating for Engineering Applications course.
Questions regarding this NASF/AESF Foundation course and other course offerings can be directed to email@example.com
Posted in Education